This week, I was back at the vets, where I saw the lovely Aidin and had a really nice chat with her, well I barked (a lot) and she chatted and told me I was fully recovered but they hadn’t had the confirmation that the lump was benign yet. Aidin also gave me my rabies jab but she wasn’t allowed to write it in my Spanish passport because she is no longer an EU-vet. However, I do have it written on a vaccination card, so Brenda and Stevie are hoping (I don’t really care) that the Spanish vet will write the information in my passport, when I get back to Spain. Unfortunately, that means I have to have an Animal Health Certificate to leave the country and the vets said that as it has to be a one hour appointment, we needed to book 2-3 weeks in advance.
At that time, we had no idea when we would be able to leave but Spain’s lockdown is currently only until 2/Mar/21, so Brenda decided to book it in March and then next week see what the rules are, as to whether it would need to be delayed. As it was, Brenda must have been psychic because on 17/Feb/21 the Spanish Government confirmed to the UK Government that the paperwork Brenda and Stevie have, is acceptable as proof that they are UK nationals resident in Spain, so we’re going home and I’ll get to play in the Mediterranean again!